RN to BSN
The MacMurray College Division of Nursing is among the few professional nursing education programs in central Illinois providing baccalaureate nursing education within a liberal arts institution. Students enter the program from diverse geographic and social backgrounds, bringing their unique contributions to the study of nursing. This integration of liberal education promotes sound interpretation of new knowledge, clear articulation of thoughts, interdisciplinary connections, and discrimination in making judgments about factors that influence the human condition. Consistent with the mission and goals of MacMurray College, the Division of Nursing stresses excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship among its faculty.
- A Perfect Choice!
A Perfect Choice!
The MacMurray College RN to BSN Program offers a unique combination of benefits which make it an ideal choice for nurses interested in advancing their professional and academic careers:
- All courses guided toward nursing practice;
- Ten courses to complete the program;
- No general education requirements;
- No clinical or practicum hours;
- 100% online with no in-class seat time;
- Ten months of coursework;
- Less than $13,000!
Learn more about the RN to BSN program through our catalog.
Eric Berg, Ph.D.
Professor of Philosophy
"I love teaching at MacMurray because of the students! They ask great questions, make me laugh, and work hard in and outside of the classroom."
- Areas of interest: Dr. Berg specializes in the 20th century French intellectual Albert Camus. He serves on the Board of Directors for The Albert Camus Society and is the book review editor for The Journal of Camus Studies. In addition to Camus, Dr. Berg holds a strong interest in the thought of Martin Luther and Martin Heidegger. Outside of the academy, baseball is his second greatest love, after his wife, Christy.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy — The University of Kansas
- M.A. in Theory and Doctrine — Luther Seminary
- B.A. in Philosophy and Political Science — Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- Courses taught: The Ancient and Classical World, Philosophy of Religion, Contemporary Ethics, Introduction to Philosophy, Ancient Philosophy, Modern Philosophy, 19th and 20th Century Philosophy, Philosophy of Sport, Albert Camus, Leadership Ethics, Philosophy Through Film, First Year Experience: The Beauty of Baseball, Rhetoric 102: Indigenous Persons, Business Ethics, Introduction to Logic, Ethics for Healthcare Professionals
Jill Parsons, Ph.D., RN
Associate Professor of Nursing
"Teaching at MacMurray allows me to connect with the next generation of nurses as well as engage nurses looking to advance their careers by obtaining their BSN. Both faculty and students alike enjoy the small class sizes and the personalized attention."
- Areas of interest: Dr. Parsons enjoys promoting active learning instructional strategies in the classroom.
- Ph.D. — Saint Louis University
- M.S.N. — Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing
- B.S.N. — Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing
- Courses taught: Introduction to the Nursing Profession, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, Evidence Based Nursing Practice, Vulnerable Populations, Nursing Knowledge and Competencies, Health Assessment and Promotion Across the Lifespan, Evidence based Nursing Care.
Matt Wiediger, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
"Students are people too."
- Areas of interest: Dr. Wiediger is interested in cognitive and behavioral research.
- Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology (Cognition and Memory) — Washington State University
- M.S. in Psychology — Washington State University
- B.S. in Psychology — Washington State University
- Courses taught: General Psychology, Elementary Statistics, Applied Healthcare Statistics, Research Methods, Educational Psychology, Social Psychology, Learning, Physiological Psychology, Sensation & Perception, Memory & Cognition, Theories of Personality, Research Participation, Senior Seminar
Angela Pierson, MSN/Ed., RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing
"I love teaching at MacMurray College because the faculty interactions with students and coworkers are positive and motivating."
- Areas of interest: Pierson enjoys spending time with her family, baking, and traveling.
- M.S.N./Ed. — Western Governors University
- B.S.N. — MacMurray College
- A.D.N. — Lincoln Land Community College
- Courses taught: Role Transition in Nursing, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology I and II