Attendance and Grading
Class Attendance Policy
The faculty of MacMurray College require the student to be responsible for understanding and learning the material in a course. Online attendance constitutes participation in weekly discussion forums, completing all relevant coursework, and remaining engaged in the classroom environment throughout the length of the course. MacMurray College's academic week runs Monday through Saturday.
Online students can access their final grades using the My Mac.edu student portal.
Scholastic standing is indicated by the following system of grades and quality points.
- A — excellent work; four quality points for each credit hour.
- B — good work; three quality points for each credit hour.
- C — average work; two quality points for each credit hour.
- D — poor work but passing; one quality point for each credit hour.
- F — failure in the course; no quality points earned.
- I — incomplete; represents work that, through no fault of the student, is not completed by the close of the semester. This grade is assigned in case of illness and emergencies of similar urgency beyond the control of the student. The instructor in the course must obtain permission of One-Stop Student Services in order to award an Incomplete. The Incomplete may become any grade upon satisfactory completion of the work within the time allowed. Work not completed within the stipulated time will be assigned a grade of F.
- W — official withdrawal from the College or from a course without grade assessed; no quality points earned. The drop date for formal withdrawal from a course is the second Friday after midterm.
- WP — withdrawal from a course while passing the course; no quality points earned.
- WF — withdrawal from a course while failing the course; no quality points earned.
- Repeat courses — both the original and the repeat course with their grades remain on the permanent record. Whichever grade is highest is used in computing the cumulative grade point average; the other grade is disregarded.