Students are required to complete registration check-in prior to the beginning of Fall 2016 classes. Students will check-in in groups. Check-in dates and times are
- New Student Move-in: Friday, August 26, 8-11 a.m., Gamble Campus Center
- Returning Student Move-in: Saturday, August 27, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m., Campus Center
- Commuter Student Check-in (all new and returning commuter students): Monday, August 29, 8-11 a.m./1-3 p.m., One-Stop Student Services, Jenkins Education Complex
Fall student-athletes check-in during early arrival to campus.
- MacMurray College ID: All students need to pick up the new MacMurray College ID from Student Life.
- Vehicle Registration: All vehicles must be registered and require a MacMurray College parking sticker ($50 registration fee per semester). To register a vehicle, visit Student Life and provide
- License plate number;
- Vehicle make, year, and model.
- Health Services: Up-to-date physical forms and immunization records are required to register. Contact Student Life at 217-479-7123 if you have not or think you may not have submitted the mandatory forms. Students are strongly encouraged to complete this ahead of time to avoid long lines at check-in.
Financial Aid and Student Account
All financial aid forms must be complete prior to the first day of classes. Payment in full, or a satisfactory payment arrangement, must be in place prior to move-in or the first day of classes. Failure to attend a class or classes, even without official withdrawal, may increase a student's financial obligation through loss of financial aid.
Students who would like to charge books in the MacMurray Bookstore using excess financial aid, payment plans, or another arrangement may do so beginning August 26 through September 13.
|Residential Students Move-in||New: Friday, August 26, 8-11 a.m.
Returning: Saturday, August 27, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
|Begin check-in process in Gamble Campus Center. Campus offices will be represented to ensure proper check-in prior to move-in.|
|Mac 360 Kick-off||Monday, August 29, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Come to McClelland Dining Hall quad to learn about exciting new opportunities on campus this fall with Mac360!|
|Commuter Student Check-in||Monday, August 29, 8-11 a.m./1-3 p.m.||One-Stop Student Services, Jenkins Education Complex|
|Opening Convocation||Monday, August 29, 3 p.m.||Join fellow students, faculty, staff, and administration in Annie Merner Chapel to commence the new academic year. New student group photo to follow — all new students need to stay after convocation!|
|First Day of Classes||Tuesday, August 30||Visit My Mac.edu and login to see your current and up-to-date class schedule. Please note that course locations and times may have been changed, so check back the week classes begin! Questions regarding your schedule or academic plan may be referred to your academic adviser or to One-Stop Student Services.|
|Adding and Dropping Courses||Tuesday, September 6||Last day to add a course.
Last day to register for directed study, independent study, or career experience.
|Tuesday, September 13||Last day to drop a course without showing on the student's transcript.|
|Friday, November 4||Last day to withdraw with a W, WP, or WF on the transcript. Failure to withdraw officially from any or all courses will result in an "F" being entered on the transcript and included in the computation of the GPA.|
|Senior Assessment Day (required)||Wednesday, November 2||For Seniors planning to graduate in the 2016-17 academic year. More details will be announced at a later date.|
|Deadline for petition to reschedule final exam||Friday, November 18||Students who have extenuating circumstances and unavoidable conflicts must petition to Academic Standards to change the scheduled date of a final exam by this date.|
|Final Exams||Monday, December 12 - Friday, December 15||Visit the Finals page for full details.|
Visit the Consumer Information page for required disclosures.
If you will not be returning to campus because of an internship or student teaching assignment, please call One-Stop Student Services at 217-479-7041 to confirm your registration for Fall 2016. This procedure does not apply to online students.