School of Professional Studies
The School of Professional Studies is host to a number of programs designed to prepare students for their careers and graduate study. We offer courses in Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education, Homeland Security, Marketing, Nursing, Social Work and Sports Management.
- Degree Programs
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education
- Elementary Education
- Homeland Security
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Sport Management
Associate Degree Programs
Bruce A. Liebe
Senior Director for the School of Professional Studies
"The class sizes allow you to connect with students. You get to know students and have ample opportunity to interact with them. The MacMurray environment truly creates a family atmosphere."
- Areas of interest: Liebe has a special interest in the management of critical incidents and the decision making process utilized in both routine and crisis situations.
- M.A. in Legal Studies — University of Illinois-Springfield
- B.A. in Criminal Justice — University of Illinois-Springfield
- A.A.S. in Criminal Justice — Illinois Valley Community College
- Courses taught: Introduction to Homeland Security, Domestic and International Terrorism, Tradecraft and Weaponry of Terrorism, Transportation Networks and Homeland Security, Intelligence, Public Health and Homeland Security, Criminal Incident Management, Homeland Security Strategies and Policy, Mass Violence
Assistant Professor of Elementary Education
"Be the change you want to see."
- Areas of interest: Johnson has a passion for the induction and mentoring of pre-service and beginning teachers as they enter the field of education. Her professional experience draws on her background in social work as she strives to improve the quality of education in urban and high-needs schools by understanding the needs of the whole child. Johnson believes in stressing purposeful integration of technology into the classroom as well as collaboration and creativity. She also enjoys blending "STEM" content and literature to build cross-curricular learning.
- Ph.D. in Leadership: Reading, Language and Literacy Specialization — Concordia University Chicago (Exp. Summer 2023)
- M.A. in Educational Technology — Concordia University Chicago
- Teaching Certification — Governor's State University
- B.A. in Social Work — Bethany College
- Courses taught: Principles of Elementary Education, Math Methods for Diverse Learners-K12, Reading Methods and Reading Lab, Methods of Teaching Social Studies and Science in Elementary School, Technology and Instruction in Education