Courses numbered in the 100s are at the freshman level, in the 200s at the sophomore level, in the 300s at the junior or senior level, and in the 400s at the senior level. Freshmen must have permission of the instructor and the Registrar to take courses numbered in the 300s or 400s.
Course numbers separated by a comma (101, 102) extend over two semesters, but credit is given for either semester alone. Hours of credit are expressed in credit hours and listed in parentheses in the catalog description.
Certain types of courses may be offered by any program even if they do not appear in the program listings. These are designated by the course numbers given below. The first digit indicates the level.
- 141, 241, 341, 441. Special Topics
- 147, 247, 347, 447. Independent Study
- Directed Study — Will use the original course code followed by DS.
- 293, 393, 493. Career Experience
- 275, 375, 475. Field Practicum
- 395, 495. Senior Seminar
- 397, 497. Senior Thesis