MacMurray names top freshmen students
April 25, 2013
The following students were inducted into Alpha Lambda Delta honors society for 2013 at MacMurray College at a ceremony on campus April 25.
- Aryn Barnes, of Girad, IL, is a nursing major.
- Allison Becker, of Edgerton, WI, is majoring in deaf and hard of hearing education and interpreting (American Sign Language).
- Grace Bjornbak, of Rantoul, is a nursing major.
- Shayla Boen, of Potomac, IL, a nursing major.
- Kendyl Cummins, of Mahomet, IL, is a nursing major.
- Kaitlyn Edwards, of Girard, IL, is a nursing major.
- Sarah Fornal, of Wheaton, IL, is a deaf and hard of hearing education major.
- Haley Fry, of Lincoln, IL, is a nursing major.
- Ashley Gatons, of Springfield, IL, is a nursing major.
- Jessie Ligocki, of Catlin, IL, is an art major.
- Shannon McKay, of Minonk, IL, is a nursing major.
- Erika Meyer, of Smithton, IL, is a nursing major.
- Brooke Quade, of Highland, IL, is a special education major.
- Taylor Rae Smith, of Decatur, IL, is majoring in deaf and hard of hearing education.
- Jenalee Stine, of Sparta, IL, is a nursing major.
- Shannon Young, of Carmel, IN, is in the Interpreting Preparation Program (American Sign Language).
The Alpha Lambda Delta officers for 2013-14 are:
President -- Gabriela Molina, of Jacksonville, will be a senior majoring in psychology.
Vice President -- Kimberly Yeley, of Ashland, will be a senior majoring in nursing.
Treasurer -- Anastasia (Tasha) Morwell, of Quincy, will be a senior majoring in deaf and hard of hearing education.
Alpha Lambda Delta is a national honor society recognizing academic excellence by first-year college students. It began as a women’s society in 1924 at the University of Illinois, and became co-educational in the mid-19790s. It now has more than 260 chapters and has initiated more than 850,000 students.
For more information, contact:
Ted Roth, Director of Public Relations
Work: 217-479-7027 | Cell: 217-883-3340
Email: Send Email