Mortar Board inducts new members
April 16, 2014
The MacMurray College Cap & Gown Chapter of Mortar Board inducted 17 new members to the organization Sunday, April 13.
Mortar Board is a national honor society recognizing college seniors who display exemplary scholarship, leadership and service. To be inducted, a student must have a 3.25 GPA and exhibit leadership qualities. Mortar Board students conduct service projects on campus and in the community and serves as a social organization for its members.
The organization is nationally recognized, and members of the society are encouraged to continue leadership development and service to their communities after graduation.
The 2014 inductees are:
- Melissa Suzanne Andruch, a junior nursing major, from Momence, IL
- Adria Behrends, a senior nursing major, from Jacksonville, IL
- Alexa Marie Boyer, a senior nursing major, from Fairfield, IL
- Mariah Butcher, a senior special education major, from Flat Rock, IL
- Amber Davis, a junior double-majoring in social work and psychology, from Springfield, IL
- Taylor Fritz, a junior majoring in educational studies and the Interpreter Preparation Program (American Sign Language), from Godfrey, IL
- Veronica Grgin, a senior majoring in deaf and hard of hearing teacher education, from Palatine, IL
- Elizabeth Harney, a junior biology major, from Springfield, IL
- Marcy Jones, a senior majoring in organizational leadership, from Jacksonville, IL
- Brooke Lovekamp, a junior social work major, from Arenzville, IL
- Meghan McKenna, a senior biology major, from St. Louis, MO
- Samantha Morton, a junior majoring in social work, from Virginia, IL
- Natasha Peek, a junior double-majoring in criminal justice and homeland security, from Loami, IL
- Breanne Pelker, a junior double-majoring in art and psychology, from Scheller, IL
- Hollie Schultz, a junior biology major, from Shelbyville, IL
- Megan Toomey, a senior majoring in educational studies – deaf and hard of hearing teacher education, from Wellfleet, MA
- Kaytlyn Worner, a senior in the Interpreter Preparation Program (American Sign Language), from Forest City, IL