Doing and teaching
January 22, 2013
MacMurray College’s Applebee Art Gallery will display the artistic creations of more than a dozen area fine arts instructors in “Conflux.”
An opening reception for the exhibit is 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24 at the Applebee Gallery, located in the Putnam/Springer Center at the southeast corner of Clay and State streets on the MacMurray campus in Jacksonville. The reception is free and open to the public.
Using a variety of media, "Conflux" will be a showcase of the wide breadth of expression in the arts that exists in our schools and studios and that helps to bring a sense of vitality to our communities and the region’s students.
The instructors showing works in this celebration of art education and the passion that exists in this area for the visual arts are:
- Michelle Coakes – Lincoln Land Community College (LLCC)
- Linda Dunseth – Routt Catholic High School
- Shane Harris -- University of Illinois Springfield (UIS)
- Khara Koffel -- MacMurray College
- David Kube -- UIS
- Matt Mogle – Illinois College
- Mike Miller- UIS
- Jeff Robinson- UIS
- Al Shull -- LLCC
- Leslie Stalter -- LLCC
- Thom Whalen -- LLCC
- Jason Wolters -- Winchester High School
The exhibition continues through Feb. 22 at the Applebee Gallery, which is open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.