College inducts honors society
April 29, 2013
MacMurray College will induct 11 seniors and December graduates, and the MacMurray junior with the class’s highest grade point average into the MacMurray College Honor Society at the annual senior reception. The reception is scheduled for 5-6 p.m. Friday, May 3 at McClelland Dining Hall. The following students were named to this prestigious organization:
- Kady Darr, of Shipman, IL, is a December 2012 graduate with a bachelor’s degree in social work.
- Sara Coultas, of White Hall, IL, graduated in December 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in physical education.
- Lauren Beauchamp, of Meredosia, IL, is a senior majoring in English.
- Ashely Jane Maro, of Jacksonville, is a senior nursing major.
- Ashley Kochman, of Jacksonville, IL, is a senior nursing major.
- Alexis Yemm, of Virden, IL, is a senior nursing major.
- Taylor Soat, of Galena, IL, is a senior majoring in deaf and hard of hearing education.
- Kevin Kelley, of Chapin, IL, is a senior biology major.
- Rachelle Malin, White Hall, is a senior biology major.
- Zackary Arnett, of Worden, IL, is a December 2012 graduate with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice.
- Nathan Loy, of Bloomington, IL, is a senior sport management major.
- Briana Sevik, of Palos Hills, IL, is a junior in the Interpreter Preparation Program (American Sign Language). Holding her class’s highest GPA, Sevik is the sole junior inducted.
The MacMurray College Honor Society began in 1909. Each year, inducts the top 10 percent of the senior class, based on their grade point average, along with the junior who has the highest cumulative grade point average in that class.