MacMurray to audition for Spring play
February 1, 2012
JACKSONVILLE, IL – MacMurray College will hold an audition for the play “Bleacher Bums: a nine-inning comedy,” 7-9 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6 at the Thoresen Recital Hall in the Putnam/Springer Building at the corner of Clay and State streets on the MacMurray campus. (Note change of location.) The parts range from characters age 20s to 50s and include:
- Greg -- a gentle young man in his 20s. He has been blind from birth.
- Melody King -- an attractive and serious sun-worshiper in her 20s
- Zig -- a large, 50-something, cigar-chomping guy who bleeds Cubbie blue
- Rose -- Zig’s long-suffering wife and closet Cubs fan
- Decker -- a successful businessman in his 40’s
- Richie -- in his 20s, with disgusting hygiene and personal habits
- Marvin -- a professional gambler in his 30s
- Cheerleader -- obnoxious teenage uber-fan with face paint and air horn
- Announcer -- an off-stage voice
The performance dates are will be March 22-24.