Social work announces new Phi Alpha members
April 5, 2013
MacMurray College Division of Social Work inducted new members in to the Phi Alpha National Social Work Honor Society on Wednesday, April 3.
Distinguished MacMurray College and Phi Alpha alumna Debbie Trueblood, MSW, spoke at the induction ceremony. Induction into Phi Alpha is the highest honor a social work student can achieve.
The following students were inducted (pictured, from left to right):
- Dawn Gartner of Scales Mound, IL
- Bethany Hillman of Groveland, IL
- Amber Davis of Springfield, IL
- Debbie Trueblood, Phi Alpha alumna
- Kelly Ambrose of Jacksonville, IL
- Taylor Littig
- Mendy Overly of Jacksonville, IL
- Rochelle McElroy of Springfield, IL (not pictured)
The purpose of Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among students of Social Work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for Social Workers, and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in Social Work.
Eligibility for Phi Alpha membership requires that the student have sophomore standing in social work and maintain a 3.0 overall GPA and a 3.25 social work GPA.