Homecoming weekend set for Oct. 19-21
October 10, 2018 | 9:19 AM
MacMurray College Homecoming festivities kick-off on Oct. 19 and continue through Oct. 21. With the theme “Tradition Meets Tomorrow,” Homecoming will include a variety of events including the popular and traditional Torchlight Parade and pep rally, the annual parade, athletic events and much more. All are welcome to attend any of these events.
This year’s events include:
- The 3rd annual athletics golf outing fundraiser will be on Friday, Oct. 19 at 8 a.m. for the first flight and 1 p.m. for the second flight. For pricing and registration, go to www.mac.edu/homecoming.
- Torch Light Parade and Pep Rally will take place on Friday from 8-9:30 p.m., starting on Rutledge Lawn.
- The Michalson Monster 5K Run/Walk beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20. Registration begins at 7 a.m. Entry fee supports MacMurray College intramurals.
- The Homecoming parade begins at 10 a.m. Saturday at State and Clay streets. The parade will step off on the corner of Clay Avenue and State Street. It will progress west down State to the Central Park Plaza, take a right around the square following Sandy Street south to College Avenue where it will head east back to campus.
- The parade marshal this year is former MacMurray College President Dr. B. G. Stephens will serve as this year's parade marshal.
- Student organizations will be selling food along with activities for children sponsored by the MacMurray Alumni Association Board just southwest of the tennis courts. Join us on campus after the parade on Saturday starting at 11 a.m. for food and fun for all ages.
- The Highlander Block Party will be in the Franklin building parking lot, across the street from Freesen Field, from noon-5 p.m. on Saturday. There will be various vendors, food trucks, drinks and music.
- MacMurray Athletics take the field for Senior Day against Blackburn University starting with women’s soccer at noon, and men’s soccer at 2 p.m.
- The football team will be facing off against Iowa Wesleyan on Freesen Field. Kickoff is at 1 p.m.
- A worship service will be held on Sunday, Oct. 21 at Annie Merner Chapel, beginning at 10 a.m.
For the entire schedule of events for the MacMurray Homecoming, go to www.mac.edu/homecoming.