MacMurray is "Bringing the Spirit Home" this Homecoming
October 18, 2017 | 9:33 AM
This year’s Homecoming theme, “Bringing the Spirit Home,” wraps up the year-long MacNation celebration including this summer’s MacNation Tour. Homecoming festivities kick-off on Oct. 20 and continues through Oct. 22. It will include a variety of events including the popular and traditional Torchlight Parade and pep rally, the annual parade, a movie shown at Freesen Field, athletic events and much more. All are welcome to attend any of these events. Let’s come together to bring the spirit home.
This year’s events include:
- The Michalson Monster 5K Run/Walk beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 21. Registration begins at 7 a.m.
- The Homecoming parade beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday at State and Clay streets. It will progress west down State to the Central Park Plaza, take a left around the square following Sandy Street south to College Avenue where it will head east back to campus.
The parade marshal this year is Mrs. Illinois U.S. Continental Andrea Moore, Class of 1995.
- Student organizations will be selling food along with activities for children sponsored by the MacMurray Alumni Association Board just southwest of the tennis courts. Join us on campus after the parade on Saturday starting at 11 a.m. for food and fun for all ages.
- MacMurray Athletics take the field against Fontbonne University starting with women’s soccer at noon, and men’s soccer at 2 p.m.
- The undefeated Football team will be facing off against Eureka College on Freesen Field. Kickoff is at 1 pm.
- The Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be from 6-8 p.m. in Thoresen Recital Hall in the Putnam/Springer Center.
- A worship service will be held on Sunday, Oct. 22 at Annie Merner Chapel, beginning at 10 a.m.
For more information, please contact