Volleyball holds awards banquet
January 19, 2016 | 11:00 AM
On Sunday, Jan. 17, the MacMurray Volleyball team reminisced on an unforgettable season. This year the team added three players to the Highlander record books and captured the best winning percentage since the 2005 season. This year also marked the first back-to-back double digit win seasons (12 in 2014 and 14 in 2015) since the 1998-99 seasons.
- Morgan Hauser set a new all-time individual single season record, recording 385 kills this season. She placed second in Mac All-Time for kills per game at 3.32. Last season, Morgan broke the school record for total attacks with 869. This year she dominated that number finishing the 2015 season with a total of 1,248 attacks.
- Alexa Boyer holds second place in the MacMurray record books for single-season assists at 782, just behind the all-time 786 record. Boyer also captured a career total this year of more than 2,000 assists.
- Aly Ferrari led her team in digs this season and made a mark in the record books with a single-season total of 391 digs. Aly also captured her 1,000th career dig in the 2015 season.
- Most Improved Player — Maddie Langellier
- Most Valuable Defensive Player — Taylor Hewitt
- Most Valuable Offensive Player — Morgan Hauser
- Coach's Choice Award — Alexa Boyer
For more information, please contact