Web Page Policy
MacMurray College values the impact our student organizations have on and off campus. In order to help these student organizations better communicate their missions and goals and foster community involvement, the College is pleased to offer space on its web server for the creation of their own websites, which must adhere to the policy guidelines below.
The views and ideas expressed in student organization websites do not necessarily reflect those of MacMurray College.
- Student organizations as a whole are responsible for the content placed on their websites.
- The organization requesting server space must designate a member as the webmaster, the one in charge of administering the website. This user will receive a username and password for FTP access.
- The webmaster must understand basic HTML or be familiar with WYSIWYG software. The Office of Information Technology will not provide assistance in building web pages.
- Copyrighted material should not be placed on web pages except with written consent of the owner.
- The webmaster is responsible for backing up all web content. MacMurray College performs backups of its servers; however, the webmaster should not rely on these backups alone in case of data loss.
- If an organization is proven to be no longer active on campus, its website will be taken down.
- Websites should not contain offensive or inappropriate content.
- Websites should not contain malicious code.
Violations of this policy are treated in the same way as other disciplinary infractions. Actions can result in removal of the website, revocation of all website-related privileges, disciplinary probation, expulsion, or, in extreme cases, legal action. MacMurray College disciplinary actions may be taken in addition to or regardless of the results of legal action. Users are obliged to notify the Office of Information Technology of any instance of improper content on any mac.edu website that comes to their attention.
This policy is subject to change at any time. Any changes to this policy will be posted to this page.
This policy was last modified on July 17, 2013.