Open Posting: Admissions: Admissions Counselor
Classification: Exempt, Full time
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe, and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Admissions Counselor. The Admissions Counselor is an integral part of maintaining and increasing the enrollment of the College. This position is responsible for the recruitment of qualified prospective students, building relationships with high schools and community-based organizations in assigned regional and national territories, and promoting the mission and brand of the College. The Admissions Counselor is a member of the Office of Admissions which is the “front door” of the College for prospective students and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and coordinates recruitment strategies and travel logistics within assigned regional and national territories in order to meet or exceed individual territory enrollment goals.
- Builds effective relationships with high schools and community-based organizations in assigned regional and national territories.
- Participates in college fairs, college nights, high school visits, and other related activities relevant to the recruitment of prospective students.
- Recruits, manages, tracks, and assists prospective students through the admission and financial aid process.
- Evaluates applicant credentials, determines admission decisions, and awards applicable scholarships based on Admissions & Scholarship guidelines.
- Communicates with prospective students, families, high schools, college personnel, and community organizations through telephone communication, emails, text messaging, and social media-based platforms.
- Conducts campus tours and meets one-on-one with prospective students and their guests.
- Assists with on-campus recruitment events such as Visit Events or Visit Days.
- Contributes to the development of team goals and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college.
- Valid driver’s license with clean/good driving record and insurable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess excellent organizational skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle constant change, and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Should possess high energy and a positive and outgoing personality.
- Work well independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and make ethical decisions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to smile, keep a positive attitude both in and outside the office, and be willing to make a difference.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule including evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to HR@mac.edu.
Deadline to Apply: November 1, 2019