Open Posting: Faculty: Adjunct Instructor -Graphic Design
Department: Art Program
Classification: Exempt, Part time
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor of Graphic Design for the Fall 2019 semester to teach Graphic Design I Thursday at 6:30pm- 8:50pm. Course introduces the fundamental elements of graphic design with an emphasis on compositional and conceptual visual communication, typography, page layout design, graphic design and production software, and prepress print production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course's standard course outline as a guide. Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and records by established deadlines.
- Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities such as office hours and meetings at the designated times.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited university/college or a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours toward their MFA degree or commensurate experience in Graphic Design.
- Collegiate-level teaching experience preferred
- Official transcripts will be required of candidates who are interviewed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in student engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach course work.
- Clear commitment to working in an undergraduate liberal arts environment.
- Ability to work as a member of an energetic academic team.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a CV/résumé outlining your qualification for the position, unofficial graduate transcripts, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu