Open Posting: One-Stop Student Services: Registrar
Department: One-Stop Student Services
Classification: Exempt, Full time
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Registrar. The Registrar will support the College's mission to recruit, retain, and graduate talented and diverse students by applying leading-edge practices in the development, implementation, and management of effective registration and records processes. This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and directing all records and registration services and functions in accordance with applicable College policies and procedures and complying with all federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all operations for records and registration; set goals, objectives, and budget for the office; coordinate with other campus departments as necessary.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate direct reports; which include the following positions: Assistant Registrar/Academic Advisor; Student Services & Clinical Placement Coordinator and the Student Services Assistant; which will also report to Vice President of Business Affairs/CFO.
- Emphasize a student-centered service and maintain federal, state, and local regulatory compliance within the office.
- Support the Office of Admissions in enrollment management activities, and coordinate as appropriate.
- Manage VA certifications for all VA students, act as VA certifying official on all Department of Defense compliance documents and any other military or GI related items.
- Monitor electronic data collection, entry, retrieval and reconciliation; maintain and interpret statistical data and prepare required federal, state, and local reports.
- Develop and manage internal and external communication systems, mechanisms, and literature used to inform students about registration policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight of the academic catalog.
- Support all aspects of student registration for each semester; prepare semester course schedules timely and to meet student and faculty needs.
- Oversee transcript evaluations to ensure proper assignment of credit.
- Share in responsibility for database systems and processes, mainly for course management, advising and schedule development; assist with web portal maintenance and website content.
- Provide leadership and coordination of graduation application and degree audit processes.
- Oversee the maintenance of student records within FERPA guidelines.
- Communicate and interpret academic policies and procedures to campus constituents.
- Assist with and participate in college events such as commencement, awards receptions, new student orientations and other special events.
- Participate in and advise College committees as assigned and appropriate with regard to the functions and services provided by the Registrar’s Office.
- Work closely with staff to ensure effective cross-training of team members
- Supervise, promote the professional development of, and evaluate all direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a higher education setting related to curriculum, academic affairs, registration, and/or advising as professional staff and/or faculty
- Experience with student data platform, experience with Jenzabar preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively address administrative and personnel issues with professionalism, ethics, and a clear sense of institutional needs and priorities;
- Demonstrated experience providing student centered customer service
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and software (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, creativity, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong organizational and management skills
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu