Open Posting: Library: Library Evening Supervisor
Classification: Non-exempt, Part time
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Evening Library Supervisor in the Henry Pfeiffer Library. This position will provide assistance to library patrons and supervise student workers in the library. Hours for this nine month position (spring and fall semesters) are generally in the evenings, Mon. – Thurs., 5 pm to 10 pm, and/or Sundays, with some flexibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise student assistants during evening hours.
- Provide assistance to patrons in the use of the online catalog and electronic databases.
- Provide basic reference service and referrals for in-depth reference assistance.
- Other duties may include: copy cataloging and database maintenance; book processing, book repair; keeping statistics.
- Shares responsibilities for Circulation services, and stack maintenance.
- Close and secure Library building as necessary.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college.
- Library experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A commitment to providing high quality services to library users; to providing friendly and professional behavior towards library patrons.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to utilize computer technology in order to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), as well as troubleshooting computers and other office equipment.
- Strong service orientation and excellent customer service.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu