Open Posting: Admissions: Transfer and Online Admissions Coordinator
Classification: Exempt, Full time
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Transfer and Online Admission Coordinator. The Transfer and Online Admission Coordinator is an integral part of maintaining and increasing the enrollment of the College. This position is responsible for the recruitment of qualified transfer students, building relationships with community colleges, coordinating nursing admission, and promoting the mission and brand of the College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and coordinates transfer recruitment strategies and travel logistics within assigned regional and national territories in order to meet or exceed individual territory enrollment goals.
- Builds effective relationships with community colleges, organizations, and businesses to expand transfer recruitment opportunities.
- Serves as the coordinator of nursing admission and collaborates with the Division of Nursing regarding admission requirements, transfer wait-list, and program updates.
- Serves as the coordinator for online admission in collaboration with the Director of Online Programs.
- Participates in college/transfer fairs, college nights, and other related activities relevant to the recruitment of prospective students both on and off campus.
- Recruits, manages, tracks and assists prospective students through the admission and financial aid process.
- Evaluates applicant credentials, conducts unofficial transfer credit evaluations, determines admission decisions, and awards applicable scholarships based on admission & scholarship guidelines.
- Communicates with prospective students, families, community college personnel, and community organizations through telephone communication, emails, text messaging, and social media-based platforms.
- Assist with online recruitment and admission when needed.
- Conducts campus tours and meets one-on-one with prospective students and their guests.
- Assists with on and off-campus recruitment events such as Visit Events or Visit Days.
- Contributes to the development of team goals and strategies.
- Builds effective relationships and communication with College offices and departments
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college; or equivalent of three years of experience in admissions recruiting; transfer and online experience preferred.
- Experience with international student recruitment and admission policy preferred
- Valid driver’s license with clean/good driving record and insurable.
- Experience with Slate and Jenzabar, or ability to quickly learn division CRM system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent organizational skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work under pressure, handle constant change, and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Should possess high energy and a positive and outgoing personality.
- Work well independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and make ethical decisions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude both in and outside the office, and be willing to make a difference.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours including evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening and provide official transcripts. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu