Open Posting: Athletics: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Classification: Hourly, Part time
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to Athletics (part-time). The Administrative Assistant to Athletics serves as a resource person for the Athletic Department and provides administrative support for the routine operation of the department. This position requires strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with coaches and student athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a data base for all compliance paperwork with regards to NCAA, SLIAC, UMAC, etc.
- Serve as the compliance coordinator for the Athletic Department.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of volunteer hours of student athletes in a tracking system.
- Organize and document meeting minutes for department events such as SAAC meetings, departmental staff meetings, etc.
- Serve as a liaison to coordinate recruitment and admissions processes with the Office of Admissions.
- Oversee the hiring, supervision and scheduling of student workers and game management for men’s and women’s basketball.
- Orient new Athletic staff to the Athletic Department’s policies and procedures.
- Organize and maintain the gym facilities and weight room calendar.
- Prepare and submit purchase requisitions for the Athletic Department.
- Manage the acquisition and distribution of any office supplies and/or printer maintenance needed.
- Monitor information technology needs and coordinate with the Office of Information Technology regarding maintenance, upgrades, and repairs.
- Monitor the physical environment and coordinating with Facilities regarding maintenance, upgrades, and repairs.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college preferred.
- 3-5 years of office management or administrative support experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software (ex. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Knowledge of and work in compliance with all NCAA sports
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to accurately balance multiple issues and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines; must be able to work quickly with accuracy on multiple projects.
- Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills along with exceptional organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Work ethically and with integrity.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours; occasional evenings or weekends as necessary for athletic events.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu