Open Posting: Athletics: Wrestling Assistant Coach (Men's & Women's)
Classification: Exempt, Full time
MacMurray College, an NCAA Division III institution, is part of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC). MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Wrestling Coach. The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Wrestling Coach assists the Head Men’s and Women’s Wrestling Coach in developing, sustaining, and growing MacMurray College’s Men’s and Women’s Wrestling program. This position requires a passion to coach and mentor student-athletes, understand appropriate teaching methods, communicate well with student-athletes and fellow coaches, ability to travel for away games and/or tournaments, and cooperate well within a coaching staff. The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Wrestling Coach must have the knowledge and versatility to coach a variety of positions, skills, and techniques, focusing on specific areas as team needs dictate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duty of a coach is to impart knowledge by instructing student-athletes in how to perform their sport and to recruit high quality student-athletes.
- Assist in leading and developing a competitive Men’s and Women’s Wrestling program.
- Monitor the academic progress and athletic skill development of the MacMurray College Men’s and Women’s Wrestling student-athletes.
- Instill the mission of MacMurray College and its core values (as well as the values of NCAA Division III athletics and WCWA Women’s Division) into the Highlander Men’s and Women’s Wrestling program.
- Manage a secondary coordinating duty to be determined by the Head Men’s and Women’s Wrestling Coach and/or Athletic Director, including but not limited to: video, equipment, operations, academic liaison, and supervising athletes’ strength and conditioning to ensure student safety.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Coaching experience at college, club, or high school levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a demonstrated ability to provide leadership both on and off the field.
- Must have a clear commitment to working in an undergraduate liberal arts environment and at an NCAA Division III institution.
- Understanding of NCAA and WCWA rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational, writing, public relations and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with clean/good driving record and insurable.
- Flexible schedule to assist with team when traveling for and/ or hosting competition.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu