Open Posting: Athletics: Head Athletic Trainer
Classification: Exempt, Full time
MacMurray College, an NCAA Division III institution, is part of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC). MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the full-time ten month position of Head Athletic Trainer to start August 2019. The Head Athletic Trainer will develop, coordinate, and administer a comprehensive sports medicine program for the College’s intercollegiate sports program. This position also performs professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop overall sports medicine program for the College, including but not limited to injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes.
- Provide athletic training services for the College’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Responsible for the formation of the College’s athletic training staff, including hiring, training and supervision of assistant athletic trainer(s).
- Work in conjunction with the coaches to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Schedule and coordinate athletic training staff and students for coverage of all team practices and athletic competitions.
- Assist Athletic Director and Business Manager in the development of the sports medical program budget.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medical program.
- Record keeping and documentation.
- Assist coaches in supervising summer camps.
- Supervise, promote the professional development of, and evaluate all direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Athletic Training or related filed from a CAATE-approved Athletic Training Education Program
- Two to three years professional experience.
- BOC-certified and have current Licensure by the State of Illinois as a Licensed Athletic Trainer or able to obtain said licensure in the State of Illinois
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with NCAA, NAIA or NJCAA governing rules.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of interest, a resume outlining qualifications for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references to: HR@mac.edu