Open Posting: Online Programs: Director of Online Programs
Department: Online Programs
Classification: Exempt, Full time
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Director of Online Programs. This position is responsible for all aspects of the Online Education Program at MacMurray College, including but not limited to instructor recruitment and training, course design and development, student advising, and marketing of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and leadership for the integration of technology to support learning for on-campus and online programs.
- Develop and manage the online programs operational budget.
- Coordinate online programs, including interactions with faculty, online and on-campus students, One-Stop Student Services, Admissions, Academic Support Services, Information Technology, Academic Affairs, Student Life, and other constituents.
- Oversee NC-SARA requirements and monitor federal and state regulatory changes.
- Ensure that all accreditation and regulatory requirements for distance learning are met by effectively managing the online program.
- Plan and coordinate the advertising, marketing, and recruiting for online programs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with outside constituents, including local businesses, hospitals, policing agencies, and community colleges.
- Uphold and enforce distance learning policies and standards.
- Update and maintain policy documents related to online education.
- Coordinate with campus administration to hire qualified faculty and assign to appropriate online courses.
- Provide orientation, training, mentoring and support for faculty to ensure proper design of courses, including credit hour rigor and content.
- Maintain and update MacMurray’s online faculty training, student orientation, and accessibility documentation.
- Ensure that accessibility issues are addressed in online course design.
- Create schedule for online course offerings each semester.
- Provide advising to online students, including working with One-Stop Student Services to register students for courses.
- Remain current with regional and national distance learning trends and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college; Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Online education experience as a student, administrator and/or faculty member
- Experience in a higher education setting related to curriculum, academic affairs, registration, and/or advising as professional staff and/or faculty
- Experience with student data platform, experience with Jenzabar preferred
- Experience using Zoom web conference or similar conference technologies
- Experience with assessment tools such as SurveyMonkey or Google Forms
- Experience as an instructional designer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient using a Learning Management System (preferably Moodle).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and software (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of online learning, pedagogy, andragogy, and learning technologies.
- Strong problem-solving, creativity, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations as they relate to NC-SARA.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu