Open Posting: Admissions: Assistant Director of Admissions & Chicago Regional Representative
Classification: Exempt, Full time
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Admissions & Chicago Regional Representative. The Assistant Director of Admissions & Chicago Regional Representative is an integral part of maintaining and increasing the enrollment of the College. This position is responsible for the recruitment of qualified prospective students, building relationships with high schools, community colleges, and community-based organizations, and promoting the mission and brand of the College in and around Chicago. The Assistant Director of Admissions & Chicago Regional Representative is a member of the Office of Admissions which is the “front door” of the College for prospective students and their families. While this position is based in the Chicagoland area and works from home, overnight travel and/or evening/weekend hour will be required occasionally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and coordinates recruitment strategies and travel logistics within Chicagoland area in order to meet or exceed individual territory enrollment goals.
- Builds effective relationships with high schools, community colleges, and community-based organizations.
- Participates in college fairs, college nights, high school and community college visits and other related activities relevant to the recruitment of prospective students.
- Recruits, manages, tracks and assists prospective students through the admission and financial aid process.
- Evaluates applicant credentials, determines admission decisions, and awards applicable scholarships based on College admissions and scholarship guidelines.
- Communicates with prospective students, families, high schools, college personnel, and community organizations through telephone communication, emails, text messaging, and social media-based platforms, and off-campus locations when needed.
- Travels to campus for Admissions events and conducts campus tours and meets one-on-one with prospective students and their guests as needed.
- Assists with on-campus recruitment events such as Open Houses or Visit Days.
- Represents the College positively to prospective students, families, high schools, community colleges, community members, and both internal and external constituents.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college.
- Preferred: 2+ years of admissions experience.
- Regional recruitment experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with clean/good driving record and insurable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to reside in the Chicagoland area and work from home.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle constant change, and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Should possess high energy and a positive and outgoing personality.
- Work well independently as well as in a team setting.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening and provide official transcripts. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu