Open Posting: Career Services: Career Services Program Assistant
Department: Career Services
MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for the position of Career Services Program Assistant. The Career Services Program Assistant provides support for the four significant areas of department responsibility with other duties as assigned. Program Assistant guides, advises, and supports students in career exploration and development, decision making, and job search processes. This position will assist with planning and marketing Career Services programs, and will collect data, track documents, and prepare reports on Career Service activities. The Career Services Program Assistant will utilize on-line portal posting and management, provide resource information for all stakeholders, and support program development and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with student support for career related activities including working with individuals, groups, and events
- Coordinate activities with community and campus groups.
- Help students develop and refine resumes, interviewing, and job-search skills.
- Assist in the coordination of the Jacksonville College and Community Career Fair in coordination with other stakeholders.
- Promote Career Services by making presentations to classes and student organizations.
- Assist in coordinating special events, programs, receptions, etc. including day of event.
- Assist with new program development including meeting coordination and document development.
Provide data management including spread sheets and dash boards
- Maintain computer databases used in preparing pertinent reports to various campus
- Collect and summarize research data for reports including, but not limited to: First Destination; Exit Survey; Fall Career Services Survey.
- Code evaluation results.
Provide portal maintenance including posting positions and student communication
- Utilize on-line resources to: post internships, volunteer positions and jobs; email marketing; event invitations/registrations (MacConnect).
- Provide documentation for students who are eligible for Federal Work Study.
- Provide resource information regarding MacMurray College on-line career exploration, Career Service Assistants, and Career Service events as needed.
Coordinate social media activity including Hoot suite and print materials
- Work with Career Services tools to increase student participation in internships and other experiential activities through the marketing of programs.
- Develop, edit and print digital media content for events/programs.
- Schedule and maintain social media platforms by creating engaging and informational posts.
- Provide supervision of student workers in partnership with the Director of Career Services.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to Career Services, including but not limited to processing purchase requisitions, IT requests, facility requests for Career Services-sponsored events, general clerical duties.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in Human Services, Business, or related field.
- Two years’ experience in recruiting/staffing methods or job search techniques/strategies preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of and adherence to FERPA.
- Ability to meet deadlines; must be able to work quickly with accuracy on multiple projects.
- Ability to utilize computer technology in order to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
- Ability to analyze and assess needs and to address these needs or refer to appropriate resource
- Be a productive team player with the ability to deliver a high level of interactive customer service, as well as develop and maintain collaborative relationships inside and outside of the College.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to accurately balance multiple issues and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills along with exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Interested applicants may send a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position, a résumé outlining your qualification for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Any finalist for the position must successfully pass a background screening. Applications will be reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to: HR@mac.edu