Open Posting: Athletics: Cross-Country Head Coach (Part-time)
Classification: Part time, Salaried
MacMurray College, an NCAA Division III institution, is part of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC). MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for a Head Cross Country Coach (part-time). The Head Cross Country Coach is responsible for all aspects of MacMurray College’s Cross Country team, including coaching, supervising student-athletes, and managing the team’s budget. This position necessitates knowledge and versatility to coach a variety of positions, skills, and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duty of a coach is imparting knowledge by instructing student-athletes in how to perform their sport.
- Fulfill all the responsibilities of an NCAA Division III institution head coach, including but not limited to coaching, recruiting and budget management.
- Lead and develop a competitive cross country program.
- Monitor the academic progress and athletic skill development of the MacMurray College Cross Country student-athletes.
- Recruit high quality student-athletes to the institution.
- Instill the mission of MacMurray College and its core values (as well as the values of NCAA Division III athletics) into the Highlander Cross Country program.
- Supervise athletes’ strength and conditioning to ensure student safety.
- Other duties as assigned that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- At least three years’ coaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a demonstrated ability to provide leadership both on and off the field.
- Must have a clear commitment to working in an undergraduate liberal arts environment and at an NCAA Division III institution.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational, writing, public relations and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with clean/good driving record and insurable.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age physical or mental disability or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of interest, a resume outlining qualifications for the position, and contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references to: HR@mac.edu