Open Posting: Athletics: Baseball Part-time Assistant Coach
Classification: Part time, Salaried
MacMurray College, an NCAA Division III institution, is part of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC). MacMurray College is an independent, four-year, residential, baccalaureate college with a strong liberal arts tradition located in the affordable, safe, and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. For more than 170 years, MacMurray College has been committed to prepare graduates for satisfying and productive professional careers, providing the tools needed for effective leadership and encouraging individual growth throughout one’s education and future endeavors.
MacMurray College invites applications for an Assistant Baseball Coach (part time). The Assistant Baseball Coach assists the Head Baseball Coach in developing, sustaining, and growing MacMurray College’s Baseball program. This position requires a passion to coach and mentor student-athletes, understand appropriate teaching methods, communicate well with student-athletes and fellow coaches, ability to travel for away games and/or tournaments, and cooperate well within a coaching staff. The Assistant Baseball Coach must have the knowledge and versatility to coach a variety of positions, skills, and techniques, focusing on specific areas as team needs dictate. Pitching background is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duty of a coach is imparting knowledge by instructing student-athletes in how to perform their sport.
- Assist in leading and developing a competitive baseball program.
- Monitor the academic progress and athletic skill development of the MacMurray College baseball student-athletes.
- Assist in recruiting high quality student-athletes to MacMurray College.
- Instill the mission of MacMurray College and its core values (as well as the values of NCAA Division III athletics) into the Highlander Baseball program.
- Manage a secondary coordinating duty to be determined by the Head Baseball Coach and/or Athletic Director, including but not limited to video, equipment, operations, academic liaison, and supervising athletes’ strength and conditioning to ensure student safety.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach that are reasonably within the scope of this position.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Coaching experience at college, club, or high school levels preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a demonstrated ability to provide leadership both on and off the field.
- Must have a clear commitment to working in an undergraduate liberal arts environment and at an NCAA Division III institution.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational, writing, public relations, and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with clean/good driving record and insurable.
- Flexible schedule to assist with team when traveling.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of interest, a résumé outlining qualifications for the position, and contact information including email addresses for three professional references to HR@mac.edu.