MacMurray College Career Services supports students and alumni in achieving their career goals through student-centered, four-year programming. Students reflect on their interests, talents, and values initially to explore careers of interest. Career Services provides access to online resources, training, community resources, and internship experiences that facilitate the personal and professional growth of students toward well-designed, fulfilling careers in a global society.
MacMurray College Career Services will equip students and alumni to be successful in a global society with resources and experiences that support lifelong career development. Career Services will provide an integrated, four-year program that supports student discovery of individual interests and provides opportunities for career exploration and resources and experiences necessary for students' personal and professional development to compete in a global marketplace.
MacMurray College students build on knowledge and develop skills which equip them with excellent credentials as they view the workplace as an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge, confidence, and insight.
- Career Exploration and Identification
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Resume and Cover Letter Development and Feedback
- Topical Workshops
- Annual Etiquette Dinner and Networking 101 Events
- Mock Interviews
- Career Fairs
- Graduate School Preparation
- Job Search Tools
- Classroom Presentations from Area Professionals
- Internships Positions
- Student Worker Positions
- Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
- Volunteer Opportunities & Tracking
- Interactive Virtual Interview Tool
- Career Exploration Guide
- Event Registration
- Videos and Career Related Resources
- Academic Major & Career Exploration Guides
- Job Search Tools
- Resume Template & Resources
- Cover Letter Template & Resources
- Online Profile Guide
- Volunteer Resources
- Internship & Job Search Engines
- Interview Tools
- Graduate School Information
"I was an integral part of the system, working with patients, doctors, and nurses. I was able to learn the culture of the hospital as well as the terminology used on a daily basis."
Paris Community Hospital
"I was able to see how a bank functions on many different levels and gained valuable knowledge of the credit review process, which will support my career choice."
"I was fortunate enough to see many different aspects of accounting in my internship. I was able to broaden my Excel skills as I learned new tools to go from nothing to a full worksheet."
- 87% of 2016-17 MacMurray College graduates completed an internship.
- 95% of students rated Career Services-sponsored events helpful or very helpful upon attending.
- 48% of the student body attended Networking 101 or Etiquette Dinner.