How to #GetInvolved On Campus
June 11, 2019 | 3:00 PM
Erika Newman '13, Coordinator of Campus Engagement
Dear New and Returning Highlanders,
So many opportunities are headed your way this upcoming school year, and I am super excited for you to experience them! However, it’s up to YOU to #getinvolved on campus. You are the one person standing in your way of a wonderfully well-rounded college experience — YOU just have to go out there and find those experiences.
Getting involved on campus is super easy! Whether it’s joining a student organization or club, playing a sport or going to the games to cheer for your peers, partaking in our #whereismac events or student life’s CELL programming, you’ll see that it’s a lot harder NOT to find something that will suit your style. AND, if you ever need any help finding things to do or getting involved on campus look no further than your campus calendar on your my.mac page or the @macstudentlife social media pages. You can also come find me, Erika Newman, in the Student Life office, where you will always leave with a sweet treat!
The Office of Student Life wants you all to get out there and #getinvolved. Are you ready for the challenge?
Here are five easy ways you can get involved on campus:
- Go to all (or most) of the Campus Activity Board events that are put on once a month. Our CAB members work hard to put on these fun events for you all, and guess what? THEY ARE FREE! Grab your friends and connect with each another!
- Get to know and #getinvolved with your Student Life and Resident Life Staff – this includes our Dean of Students, Director of Campus Safety and Housing, Resident Assistants, Resident Directors, Director of Career Services, Nurse, Chaplain and Campus Engagement Coordinator. We are all truly here for you!
- Become a fan and support your Athletic teams! Go to the home games and cheer on your fellow Highlanders. Did you know admission is FREE?
- Join a Student Organization! Whether it’s pledging for Greek Life or joining a club within your major, you can continuously connect with your campus community. You can even create your own club or organization!
- Gather a team together and sign up for Intramurals. You don’t have to be a student-athlete! Partaking in intramurals offers many benefits like health and wellness, meeting new friends and it’s downright fun!
It really is that easy to #getinvolved at Mac, and you’re benefiting yourself and your college experience if you take the opportunity to go out and try new things! I really can’t wait to meet the incoming class of 2023 and to see all the returning students again. I am very excited for this new school year!
Erika Newman ’13, Coordinator of Campus Engagement