Student Athlete Advisory Committee
The mission of the MacMurray College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, like the Mission of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete well-being, and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
Roles & Responsibilities
The members of the MacMurray College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) have the opportunity to address issues affecting student-athletes at MacMurray College and in the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; furthermore, members have the opportunity to offer input on issues that may be national in scope.
The MacMurray College SAAC is meant to serve as a local student-athlete voice in addressing issues of student-athlete well-being at MacMurray College . Furthermore, the MacMurray College SAAC will facilitate better communication among student-athletes from various athletics teams to address issues common to all.
The MacMurray College SAAC will also serve as a conduit of communication among student-athletes, coaches, and athletics administrators on issues to improve the student-athlete experience and promote growth and education through sports participation. Concerns can be voiced and solutions offered regarding any issue that may be relevant to NCAA student-athletes.
Through the grass-roots efforts of the MacMurray College SAAC communicating with the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference SAAC and the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference SAAC communicating with the National Collegiate Athletic Association SAAC, the student-athletes at MacMurray College have the opportunity to change the face of intercollegiate athletics.
The primary functions of the MacMurray College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee are
- promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes;
- disseminate information;
- provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues;
- generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department during its formulation of policies;
- build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams;
- solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation;
- organize community service efforts;
- create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government);
- promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
- Carissa Vaughn — Women's Soccer
- Alexa Boyer — Volleyball
- Zach Bozarth — Men's Soccer
- Gabrielle Douglas — Women's Golf
- Tarryn Link — Men's Golf
- Zach Mudd — Football
- KayDee Carmody — Women's Basketball
- Jenalee Stine — Softball
- Jeremy White — Baseball
- Clayton Whitlock — Men's Basketball