November 15, 2013
The St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC) announced their 2013 Fall All-Academic team. To be named to the All-Academic team, student athletes must be at or above sophomore status, have attended their current institution for one academic year and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. The following MacMurray College student athletes were named to the team:
- Shayla Boen is a sophomore volleyball player from Potomac, Ill. She is a pre-med major, and is the daughter of Kevin and Pam Boen of Potomac.
- Alexa Boyer, of Fairfield, Ill, is a sophomore volleyball player majoring in nursing. Boyer is the daughter of John and Stacie Boyer of Fairfield.
- Tyler Kissell, a sophomore soccer player, is a criminal justice major from Mt. Olive, Ill. He is the son of Steven Banner and Mary Wayman of Eagerville, Ill.
- Sammy Jo Petefish, a volleyball player from Ashland, Ill, is a senior majoring in social work. She is the daughter of R.L and Holly Petefish of Ashland.
- Kelli Sells of South Bend, Ind, is a sophomore soccer player majoring in criminal justice. She is the daughter of Kurt and Jill Sells of South Bend.