This library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
Government information site with online information, services, and resources
- Catalog of US Government Publications
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Congressional Directory
- Congressional Record
- Federal Register
- Illinois General Assembly
Legislative information from the Library of Congress.
- United States Supreme Court Decisions
- US Census Bureau
Below are links to US copyright law and guidelines. If you have any questions about copyright, contact the Library staff.
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States © 2004-10 Peter B. Hirtle.
This chart is useful for determining when material is in the public domain.
- US Copyright Law
Text of the current law.
- Copyright Law Chapter 5.
Penalties for copyright infringement.
- Know Your Copy Rights Brochure
© 2007 Association of Research Libraries.