Jacksonville, IL is a stimulating college community of about 25,000 within easy driving distance of St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Chicago.
A MacMurray College education starts with a core curriculum of courses that provides a foundation for majors that prepare MacMurray graduates for rewarding careers, further education, and the unexpected challenges that arise throughout their professional lives.
- Founded in 1846; affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
- Accredited since 1913 by The Higher Learning Commission, Chicago, IL.
- Friendly campus with 560 students.
- 50% female, 50% male.
- 25% ethnically diverse.
- A range of student-led organizations from fraternities and sororities to academic, religious, cultural, service, and recreational organizations — students can create their own.
- 13:1 student:faculty ratio.
- Three quarters of the classes have fewer than 20 students; only one class has more than 50.
MacMurray was named a College of Distinction for 2016-17, the third year in a row. The designation, by the organization of the same name, seeks to identify colleges and universities in the country that provide the best atmosphere for students to learn, grow, and succeed.
MacMurray's distinctive education provides
- a core curriculum designed for personal and professional success;
- majors that prepare graduates for entry into their professions;
- popular areas of study: nursing, criminal justice and homeland security, business, American Sign Language interpreting, and social and behavioral sciences.
MacMurray's Academic Achievement Scholarships make college affordable again:
- Awards up to $20,000 per year for transfer students, depending on college GPA;
- Full tuition scholarships available to first-year students in the top 1% of their class; substantial scholarships for other first-year students, depending on GPA and ACT or SAT scores;
- 98% of students receive scholarships or grants.
MacMurray is a yellow ribbon school, giving special help to veterans, and, for the fifth year in a row, it was designated a Military Friendly School, which honors the top 20% of colleges, universities, and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
NCAA Division III Athletics
- 40% of students participated in athletics in 2014-15.
- 19 All-Conference athletes, 33 Academic All-Conference athletes in 2015-16.
- Awarded the third straight SLIAC Student-Athlete Advisory Council Community Service Award from the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
- Ttwo coaches of the year in 2015-16, football and baseball.
- Men's basketball conference MVP the past three years (Brady Slagle in 2013-14, Clayton Whitlock in 2014-15, Deavis Johnson in 2015-16).
- MacMurray's Lincoln Laureate in 2015 was basketball player Clayton Whitlock. The Lincoln Laureate is an annual, statewide honor given to one student at each four-year institution of higher education in Illinois.
- 14 athletic teams: football, basketball (mw), volleyball (w), baseball, softball, golf (mw), soccer (mw), wrestling (mw), cross country (mw).