Jacksonville, IL is a stimulating college community of about 25,000 within easy driving distance of St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Chicago.
A MacMurray College education starts with a core curriculum of courses that provides a foundation for majors that prepare MacMurray graduates for rewarding careers, further education, and the unexpected challenges that arise throughout their professional lives.
- Founded in 1846; affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
- Accredited since 1913 by The Higher Learning Commission, Chicago, IL.
- Friendly campus with 570 students.
- 51% female, 49% male.
- 26% ethnically diverse.
- A wide range of student-led organizations from fraternities and sororities to academic, religious, cultural, service, and recreational organizations — students can create their own.
- 13:1 student:faculty ratio.
- Three quarters of the classes have fewer than 20 students; no class has more than 50.
MacMurray was named a College of Distinction for 2015-16, the second year in a row. The designation, by the organization of the same name, seeks to identify colleges and universities in the country that provide the best atmosphere for students to learn, grow, and succeed.
MacMurray's distinctive education provides
- a core curriculum designed for personal and professional success;
- majors that prepare graduates for entry into their professions;
- popular areas of study: nursing, criminal justice and homeland security, business, American Sign Language interpreting, and social and behavioral sciences.
MacMurray's Academic Achievement Scholarships make college affordable again:
- Awards up to $20,000 per year for transfer students, depending on college GPA;
- Full tuition scholarships available to first-year students in the top 1% of their class; substantial scholarships for other first-year students, depending on GPA and ACT or SAT scores;
- 98% of students receive scholarships or grants.
MacMurray is a yellow ribbon school, giving special help to veterans, and, for the fifth year in a row, it was designated a Military Friendly School, which honors the top 20% of colleges, universities, and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
NCAA Division III Athletics
- 40% of students participated in athletics in 2014-15.
- 80 All-Conference athletes, 93 Academic All-Conference athletes in the past five years; men's basketball conference Player of the Year two years in a row: 2013-14 and 2014-15.
- Awarded the first and second SLIAC Student-Athlete Advisory Council Community Service Award from the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, in 2014 and 2015.
- Three coaches of the year in 2014-15, men's basketball, baseball, and softball.
- Men's basketball conference MVP the past two years (Brady Slagle in 2013-14 and Clayton Whitlock in 2014-15).
- MacMurray's Lincoln Laureate the past two years (baseball player Derek Crouch in 2014 and basketball's Clayton Whitlock in 2015). The Lincoln Laureate is an annual, statewide honor given to one student at each four-year institution of higher education in Illinois.
- 10 athletic teams: football, basketball (mw), volleyball (w), baseball, softball, golf (mw), soccer (mw).