Local young professionals to speak
September 19, 2011
A panel of 2011 community leaders under 40 years old will share their thoughts about Jacksonville in a panel discussion Sept. 29 at MacMurray College.
As part of Jacksonville Speaks, the 2011-12 MacMurray Speakers Series, “Jacksonville’s 20 under 40” panel is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 29 at 7 p.m. in the Thoresen Recital Hall at the Putnam/Springer Center, at the corner of State Street and Clay Avenue on the MacMurray College campus.
Admission is free. Please request interpreting services 72 hours prior to event at email@example.com or call 217-479-7123.
The panelists are some of those selected by the Journal-Courier this year for “20 under 40,” its annual group of young people who are having an impact on the area.
Those who have agreed to be on the panel are:
- Shawn Artis: Morgan County Global Information System Coordinator. A Western Illinois University graduate, he comes from Rushville, IL.
- Philip Brown: a Winchester, IL, native and resident, Mr. Brown works in Springfield with Wells Fargo bank. He is active in professional and volunteer work in the Jacksonville area.
- Stephanie Elpers Chipman: vice president for Enrollment Management and College Marketing at Illinois College. She received her bachelor’s in communication from the University of Evansville, ID, her hometown, and a master’s in communication from San Diego State University.
- Jake Russell: a reporter at the Journal-Courier, Mr. Russell studied English and psychology at Greenville College and studied at the Washington Journalism Center. He hails from Dayton, Ohio.
- Tiffany Warmowski: a native of Peoria, IL, Ms. Warmowski received her bachelor’s degree in deaf education from MacMurray College. She and her husband, Steve, own Warmowski Photography in Jacksonville.
- Cori Wagner: the moderator, is the coordinator of Career Services at MacMurray College and a member of last year’s “20 under 40” selection.
Click the following link for upcoming Speakers Series events: http://www.mac.edu/campus/speaker_series.asp
For more information, contact:
Ted Roth, Director of Public Relations
Work: 217-479-7027 | Cell: 217-883-3340
Email: Send Email