News from MacMurray College
11 students graduate in summer session
The following area students graduated from MacMurray College in the summer session:
- Dante LaRon Baxter of Danville received his bachelorís in Educational Studies with a concentration in Physical Education and a minor in Coaching. He is the son of Darwin Baxter and Andrea Carter of Danville and was a 2006 graduate of Danville High School.
- Jenny Buchanan of Jacksonville received her bachelorís degree in Criminal Justice. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Beckman of Jacksonville.
- Samuel L. Capleton III, of Broadview, achieved his bachelorís degree during the summer session at MacMurray College with a double major in Business Administration and in Philosophy and Religion. He is the son of Teresa Capleton-Moody of Broadview and of Samuel Capleton Jr.
- Stephanie Hill of Hoffman Estates graduated during the summer session at MacMurray College with a bachelorís in Elementary Education. She is a 2006 graduate of Schamburg High School and the daughter of Kevin and Jeannette Hill of Hoffman Estates.
- Cameron Howard of St. Louis received his bachelorís in Business Administration with a minor in Management at the end of MacMurray Collegeís summer session. He is a 2006 graduate of Ritenour High School and the son of James Carter and L.A. Howard of St. Louis.
- Rachael Lin Luber of Jacksonville received her bachelorís degree with a double major in accounting and business administration. She is a 2004 graduate of Jacksonville High School and the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Luber of Jacksonville.
- Lyndsey Minton of Hesperia completed her bachelorís degree during MacMurray Collegeís summer session with a double major in Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher Education and in the Interpreter Training Program. The Deanís List student is a 2006 graduate of Sultana High School and is the daughter of Bruce and Donna Minton of Hesperia.
- Rachel Riggle of Danville received her bachelorís with a double major in Philosophy and Religion and in Art with a minor in English. She is a 2005 graduate of Danville High School and the daughter of Kolby and Pam Riggle, of Danville, Ill.
- Rebecca Sherwin of Roodhouse graduated with a bachelorís in English. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gary Sherwin of Roodhouse and a 2006 graduate of North Greene High School.
- Taylor Vollmer of Quincy graduated from MacMurray College with a Bachelor of Social Work. She is a 2006 graduate of Quincy Senior High School and is the daughter of Alvin Hannon of Danville and Shawn Vollmer of Quincy. While at MacMurray, she was a basketball standout, earning All-Conference recognition.
- Laura Elisabeth Yutzy of Athens graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work with a second major in Psychology. She was a member of the Phi Nu Society, a service organization. Yutzy is a 2006 graduate of Athens Community High School and is the daughter of Cherie and Bill Schimm of Athens.