MacMurray Science Hall was constructed and equipped at a cost of $211,068 in 1928. Named after Senator James E. MacMurray, this four-story structure today houses classrooms and laboratories.
MacMurray Hall, one of our dominant academic buildings, will be the focus of a $280,000 investment. We will transform the 1st floor into an accessible general teaching and learning space utilized by all disciplines. Projects include: restructuring three spaces into technology enhanced classrooms; creation of state-of-the-art computer teaching-and-learning classroom/lab; design of student habitat/study lounge; and renovating restrooms to be fully accessible.
The Highlander Points of Excellence Campaign is a $1.2 million fundraising effort led by the Board of Trustees. The Campaign is providing for short-term needs in the areas of academic excellence, infrastructure enhancements supporting student recruitment, engagement, retention, and an investment in faculty and staff. To learn more or to make a difference through this campaign, please visit www.mac.edu/hpec.asp.