Online Help Desk
Our IT Help Desk will allow you to submit a request for help, even after office hours. Our technicians will receive and review the request during business hours and will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
The submittal password for the IT Help Desk is macmurray.
How to Submit a Request Through the Online Help Desk
- Visit http://www.myschoolbuilding.com/myschoolbuilding/itdgateway.asp?acctnum=750290723.
- Input your MacMurray email address (ex: email@example.com).
- The first time you visit the online help desk, you will see a message that states "We cannot find the indicated email address. Please either correct the email address or enter your last name below if you are a new requester." Enter your last name in the box provided and click Submit.
- Make sure that "IT Request" is the tab you are using. It will appear in blue, and you should see "IT Request" near the top of the page.
- Enter information regarding the problem you wish to report. Items with a red checkmark () are required.
- Check your personal information.
- Select your location on campus, including building, area, and room number.
- Select your problem type. Choose the option that best fits the problem you are experiencing. Click once on that problem type, and the icon next to it will turn into a red OK. You can only select one problem type.
- Enter a description of the problem you are experiencing. Please be as descriptive as possible. The more information you give IT, the quicker they can begin troubleshooting.
- Depending on the problem type you selected, more specific questions will be added here. Again, please be as specific as possible.
- Enter the requested completion date. Depending on the severity of the issue and resources available at the time of the request, IT cannot guarantee that an issue will be fixed by the requested date.
- If you would like to include a file, use the Attachment area. Screenshots and documentation are good examples of helpful attachments.
- The submittal password is macmurray.
- Once you click Submit, your request will be submitted, and you will see the "My Requests" screen. From here you can check the status of your submitted requests. You can come back at any time by logging into the site here. Select "My IT Requests" from the shortcut menu. Updates on requests will also be emailed to you as they arrive.
- To leave the online help desk, click Logout in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
If you have any problems submitting a request, please contact the Office of Information Technology at 217-479-7032 or via email.