MacMurray College strives to support our campus community by providing the tools needed to succeed in a higher-education learning environment. To this end, we offer several options for faculty, staff, and students to receive software discounts.
For discounts pertaining specifically to Jacksonville-area businesses, please see our amenities page.
DreamSpark is a Microsoft program that supports technical education by giving students Microsoft professional-level developer and designer tools at no cost.
- Visit the DreamSpark website.
- Create an account using your webmail.mac.edu to verify your student status.
- A verification email will be sent to you; follow the directions enclosed.
Microsoft Home Use Program
Microsoft's Home Use Program allows MacMurray College staff and faculty with a mac.edu email address to purchase Microsoft Office 2013 at a discount.
If you are a full-time faculty member without a mac.edu address, please contact the IT department at 217-479-7032 or via email for assistance.
- Visit the Home Use Program home page.
- Click "Don't Know Your Program Code? Click Here." to enter your email address.
- If your address is valid, an email will be sent to you with further information.
Microsoft Office 365 University
Through Office 365 University, faculty, staff, and students have the opportunity to buy a 4-year subscription to Microsoft Office for $79.99. Licenses can be used to put Microsoft Office on up to 2 PCs and 2 mobile devices.
- Visit Microsoft Office 365 University.
- Click "Buy Now."
- You will be asked to verify your enrollment in a higher-education learning institution. The easiest way is to choose to verify by email using your @webmail.mac.edu or @mac.edu address.
- Follow the instructions in the email sent to the address you chose.
The MacMurray page at VarsityBuys.com offers various software discounts for faculty, staff, and students.
- Visit VarsityBuys.com.
- Click on "Go to Microsoft Discout Portal."
- For Institution Type, select College/University.
- For State/Province, select Illinois.
- Click "Go."
- In the list provided, select MacMurray College.
VarsityBuys requires proof of your affiliation with MacMurray College in the form of a student ID or other documentation to be uploaded at the time your register to use the site. More information can be found in their Help files.