MacMurray Hall Teaching and Learning Transformation
The Highlander Points of Excellence Campaign is a $1.2 million fundraising effort led by the Board of Trustees. The Campaign is providing for short-term needs in the areas of academic excellence, infrastructure enhancements supporting student recruitment, engagement, retention, and an investment in faculty and staff. To learn more or to make a difference through this campaign, please visit www.mac.edu/hpec.asp.
MacMurray Science Hall was constructed and equipped at a cost of $211,068 in 1928. Named after Senator James E. MacMurray, this four-story structure today houses classrooms and laboratories.
MacMurray Hall, one of our dominant academic buildings, will be the focus of a $280,000 investment. We will transform the 1st floor into an accessible general teaching and learning space utilized by all disciplines. Projects include restructuring three spaces into technology enhanced classrooms, creation of state-of-the-art computer teaching-and-learning classroom/lab, design of student habitat/study lounge, and renovating restrooms to be fully accessible.