Highlander Points of Excellence Campaign
The Highlander Points of Excellence Campaign, a fundraising campaign driven by the MacMurray College Board of Trustees, is doing wonders for MacMurray. Born from a challenge from an alumnus to his fellow Trustees, the Highlander Points of Excellence Campaign is designed to strengthen the core of the College by supporting some short-term needs in the areas of academic excellence, infrastructure enhancements supporting student recruitment, engagement, retention, and an investment in faculty and staff.
The instigating Trustee presented the board a $200,000 matching-grant challenge. More than half of the million dollar challenge has already been pledged by the Trustees, and the College has begun work on the nearly 30 projects designed to improve student life at the College and boost academic excellence, to include
- instructional technology for the Nursing Department in MacMurray Hall;
- conversion of a classroom into an art critique room in the Springer Building;
- wireless scoreboard for the soccer and baseball fields;
- creation of a video/multimedia lab at the Henry Pfeiffer Library;
- creation of a psychology lab in MacMurray Hall;
- renovation of four residence-hall lounges;
- faculty and staff participation at professional development conferences.
In addition, the Highlander Points of Excellence Campaign will provide a variety of less visible projects to improve the operations of the College, such as an upgrade to its central information system and other such infrastructure improvements.
The Highlander Points of Excellence Campaign is perfectly coupled with the wonderful Admissions growth. Now is the time to pay it forward and make a difference in the lives of current and future students. Your gift will have an immediate impact on the College supporting both current students and future generations of Highlanders. Make an HPEC pledge today by contacting the Office of Institutional Advancement at 217-479-7031 or via email.