Resources for Faculty
The services in the Center for Learning Excellence provide MacMurray students with academic support through high quality tutoring in a myriad of subjects, study group facilitation, help with test anxiety, study tips, time and stress management, avoiding plagiarism, and much more. We have computers and printing available as well as study tables for group work. We are not here strictly for students, however, as we can provide a number of services for you as well. Services available for faculty include
- Academic Early Alert (SAGE/FLAG) intervention for any students you think could benefit from our services;
- organizing study groups;
- tracking of student visits and/or tutoring;
- classroom presentations of our services;
- space to meet with your students;
- proctoring exams/quizzes according to your specific instructions;
- in-class presentations regarding the services available free to students;
- provision of tutoring reports or visit reports for students in your classes.
The faculty of MacMurray College is pivotal in helping to make the Center for Learning Excellence a great support service for our students. Below are some ways that you can help.
- Be sure your students are aware of the services and location of the Center for Learning Excellence.
- Refer any students that you feel could benefit from assistance with academics or study skills.
- Emphasize that often tutoring can make the difference in students' grades when they seek help early.
- Offer class credit or extra credit for students' use of the Center.
- Hold office hours in the Center.
- Bring your classes to the Center for a tour or for class work.
- SAGE/FLAG Form
- Study Guides
- Extra Credit form (PDF)
- Request for Proctoring of Exam form (PDF)
We welcome any input you have for improving our services both to students and to you. Please contact the Director of the Center for Learning Excellence, Education Complex, 2nd floor, at 217-479-7178 or via email with any ideas or suggestions.
Last updated: May 28, 2015