Welcome from the President
Thank you for visiting MacMurray College. As President, I am delighted to welcome you to our college and to tell you what our students say about their MacMurray experience:
- A quality education with engaged faculty who care about student learning and success.
- A caring learning community with rich opportunities for involvement. We have over 30 organizations that invite your membership.
- Outstanding people – faculty, staff, students, and alums -- many of whom become lifelong friends.
We are proud of our quality, career-directed education, relevant now and in the future. You will find strong academic programs in numerous programs. Along with preparing students for a profession, all MacMurray students benefit from a strong, general education designed to enhance important skills for life and personal success: critical thinking, effective communication, and an understanding of the pivotal ideas and ethical insights that have shaped the human experience. Of no less importance, our students are challenged to apply what they have learned to contemporary, real-world problems.
In 2009 MacMurray seniors evaluated their college experience (in the National Survey of Student Engagement) and rated their experience significantly higher than US seniors in colleges and universities on:
- Level of Academic Challenge
- Active and Collaborative Learning
- Faculty and Student Interaction
- Enriching Educational Experience
- Supportive Campus Environment
College-bound students, as you make the important choice of where you will attend college, I invite you to imagine yourself at MacMurray and ask yourself how our strengths and programs could enrich your life. Feel the excitement of the MacMurray experience and enjoy the Highlander educational and personal experience. Take a few brief minutes and complete our online application.
At MacMurray College:
- Our faculty-to-student ratio is 12, and the average class size is 16.
- We are among the most affordable private colleges in Illinois.
- Over 90% of our students receive some form of financial aid.
- We have 10 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports opportunities.
- Most of our students (75%) complete an internship or other professional work experience.
- In 2010, 20% of our graduates studied abroad.
- Students make a difference in the community; 85% participate in community service and/or volunteer work.
- Survey results from the graduating class of 2009 indicated:
- 85% were employed within one year of graduation.
- 100% of the graduates of 2009 who applied to graduate or professional programs were admitted.
Come to MacMurray College for a visit. I would love to meet you and to have you meet the people of MacMurray. Learn why it's always “a great day to be a Highlander.”
Colleen Hester, PhD