Welcome from the President
Thank you for visiting MacMurray College. As President, I am delighted to welcome you to our college and to tell you how our students describe their MacMurray experience:
- a quality education with engaged faculty who care about student learning and success;
- a caring learning community with rich opportunities for involvement;
- outstanding people — faculty, staff, students, and alums — many of whom become lifelong friends.
We are proud of our quality education that prepares students for their chosen profession, making MacMurray relevant now and in the future. You will find strong academic programs in numerous areas. Along with preparing students for a profession, all MacMurray students benefit from a strong, general education designed to enhance important skills for life and personal success: critical thinking, effective communication, and an understanding of the pivotal ideas and ethical insights that have shaped the human experience. Of no less importance, our students are challenged to apply what they have learned to contemporary, real-world problems.
In 2013, MacMurray seniors evaluated their college experience in the National Survey of Student Engagement and rated their experience significantly higher than nearly 365,000 seniors in 613 other colleges and universities on
- student-faculty interaction;
- a supportive campus environment;
- collaborative learning;
- participation in learning communities, service learning, or other field experience;
- academic challenge.
College-bound students, as you make the important choice of where you will attend college, I invite you to imagine yourself at MacMurray and ask yourself how our strengths and programs could enrich your life. Feel the excitement of the MacMurray experience and enjoy the Highlander educational and personal experience. Take a few brief minutes and complete our online application.
At MacMurray College,
- our faculty-to-student ratio is 1-12;
- we are among the most affordable private colleges in Illinois;
- more than 95% of our students receive some form of financial aid, making the cost to families lower than many state schools;
- we have 10 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports opportunities;
- three-quarters of our students complete an internship or other professional work experience;
- students make a difference; 95% of seniors report being engaged in service learning in the community;
- students are prepared for their professions: 96% of the graduating class of 2012 was employed or in graduate school within one year of graduation; for the 2011 class, it was 94%.
Come to MacMurray College for a visit. I would love to meet you and to have you meet the people of MacMurray. Learn why it's always "a great day to be a Highlander."
Colleen Hester, PhD