The Business Office at MacMurray College handles, among others things, student account billing, payment plan options, and Federal Work Study job postings and paperwork.
Student Account Billing
- Bills are mailed around the end of each month.
- Payments are always due on the 15th of the month.
- $25 late fees are assessed to past due accounts.
- Negative balances indicate a credit; positive balances indicate an amount due.
Payment Plan Options
- We offer a 10-month payment plan that begins July 15th (fall semester: July - November, spring semester: December - April).
- There is a $25 fee per semester to participate in the payment plan.
- The payments are divided into 10 equal payments (5/semester).
- Students have the option to add an estimated book budget up to $600 into their payment plan (this allows them to charge books, supplies, and other miscellaneous items at our bookstore and roll that balance into their regular monthly payment).
- Students who register after July 15th have the option to use a 4-month payment plan.
- When the 2nd installment billing arrives, submit 1/4 of the total balance due by August 15th. This will keep you current on our payment plan, but you will only make 4 equal payments instead of 5.
By registration day, a minimum of 25% of the total balance due or the 1st payment of the 4-month plan will be required in order to complete registration.
Federal Work Study (FWS)
Federal Work Study is part of the Financial Aid award. Unlike other aid programs, funds are not available to students until they have worked actual hours at an approved position.
- To begin a FWS job, you must begin the process in the Business Office.
- You will need to provide a photo ID and birth certificate or social security card before you can begin working.
- The FWS job postings board is located in the Business Office hallway.
- Completed time sheets are to be turned in at the cashier's window.
- Payroll for FWS is bi-weekly.
- If you do not select direct deposit, you may pick up your paycheck at the cashier's window.
- Student payroll (and personal) checks up to $50 can be cashed at the cashier's window.