Early Alert Warning System FLAG/SAGE
Creating an Early Alert Warning while on campus: Tutortrac/SAGE
- Complete SAGE manual
- Click here to make a referral: http://tutortrac1.mac.edu
- Username: firstname.lastname
- Password: the password you use to log into your MacMurray College computer
What is SAGE?
The SAGE Early Warning System is a module of TutorTrac. The Center for Learning Excellence uses Tutortrac to manage student appointments and visits. The SAGE module allows you to make a referral to encourage/require a student to utilize the services of one of the centers or to assist faculty in helping students who have gotten off track in their class to get back on track. For example, you can use SAGE to refer a student for tutoring in the CLE.
TutorTrac is completely web-based and can be accessed from your computer on the MacMurray Campus. The software is optimized for Firefox and does not work as well in other internet browsers. Please make sure your browser plug-ins are up to date before you access TutorTrac. If you need help with plug-ins, please contact the MacMurray IT help desk.
You must have a valid MacMurray college faculty email account in order to access SAGE. Before you begin, you can read the SAGE manual for detailed instruction.
- Log in to TutorTrac. You may wish to bookmark this URL for easy access in the future.
- In the Faculty Options box, you will see all of your current class sections. Click the section you want.
- A student roster will appear. Click on the student you wish to refer.
Creating a SAGE Referral
- On the Student Entry Screen, you will see a variety of tabs. Click the tab that says SAGE.
- If the student has any past SAGE referrals, you will see them there. To create a new referral, click the "New" button.
- On the next screen click the “Create” button.
- Choose an option from the "Reasons" column and an option from the "Reccommendations" column.
- Include any additional instructions you wish to add in the box provided including the "Date of Last Attendance."
- Click "Save."
When you click "Save," the referral is created. The referral is distributed via email to the student and the center. You will also receive an email confirmation that the referral has been created. When we receive the referral, a member of the CLE staff will reach out to the student. However, acting upon the referral is ultimately the responsibility of the student. You may log in to TutorTrac at any time to see the status of the referrals you have made. Please keep in mind that anything you type into a SAGE referral is visible to the student.
Creating an Early Alert Warning while off campus: FLAG Form
Log on to fill out the FLAG form. This page is reserved for faculty use only; if you need information about the credentials please contact Jennifer Briney at email@example.com.