Jacksonville, IL is a stimulating college community of about 25,000 within easy driving distance of St. Louis and Chicago.
Mission statement: The mission of MacMurray College is to transform the lives of our students by providing an exceptional, liberal arts general education and courses of study that prepare graduates for professional careers, further education, and other challenges facing the human community in the 21st century.
- Founded in 1846 in the Methodist tradition
- 33 academic and pre-professional programs
- Accredited since 1908 by The Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association of Colleges & Schools, Chicago, IL
- 54% residential
- 22 percent ethnically diverse
- A wide range of student-led organizations from fraternities and sororities to academic, religious, cultural, service, and recreational organizations — students can create their own.
- 12:1 student-faculty ratio
MacMurray was named a Top 20 baccalaureate college in the nation by Washington Monthly magazine two of the past three years for how much it gives back to its community, the state, and the nation.
MacMurray's distinctive education provides
- a core curriculum designed for personal and professional success;
- majors that prepare graduates for entry into their professions;
- 96% of 2012 graduates reported being employed or attending graduate school within a year.
- Three-quarters of MacMurray students completed an internship or other professional work experience.
- popular areas of study: nursing, criminal justice, homeland security, business, education, and social and behavioral sciences.
One of the most affordable private colleges in Illinois.
- Annual full-time tuition is $21,900.
- 98% of students receive financial aid; 95 percent receive scholarships or grants; others receive veteran's benefits.
- Tuition locked in for two years with continuous full-time enrollment; one tuition increase if degree completed within four years.
- Free room and board last semester with seven continuous semesters living in residence halls.
MacMurray is a yellow ribbon school, giving special help to veterans, and it was designated a 2014 Military Friendly School, which honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities, and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
In the 2013 biennial National Survey of Student Engagement consisting of more than 364,000 students at 613 colleges and universities, MacMurray seniors reported
- significantly higher student-faculty interaction;
- a more supportive campus environment;
- greater collaborative learning;
- more engagement in learning communities, service learning, and internships or other field experience;
- that they were more likely to discuss their academic performance and career plans with an instructor;
- that they were more likely to discuss ideas and concepts outside of class;
- more engagement with faculty members on activities other than coursework, such as committees or student groups;
- more involvement in community learning, such as service learning.
MacMurray is a member of the NCAA Division III.
- 47% of students participated in athletics in 2011-12.
- 36 All-Conference athletes and 45 Academic All-Conference athletes in the past three years.
- 10 athletic teams: football, basketball (mw), volleyball (w), baseball, softball, golf (mw), soccer (mw)