Open Posting: Faculty: Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting
MacMurray College was founded in 1846; has a strong history of undergraduate education; and is located in the affordable, safe, and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. Our mission is "to transform the lives of our students by providing an exceptional, liberal arts general education and courses of study that prepare graduates for professional careers, further education, and other challenges facing the human community in the 21st century." The College has a culturally diverse student body of over 600 students and a faculty:student ratio of 1:12. We offer 35 academic programs with top majors in Nursing, Criminal Justice, Business (Accounting, Business Administration, and Sports Management), Education (Deaf & Hard of Hearing Education, Physical Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education), Social Work, and Interpreter Training (American Sign Language). MacMurray College is a warm, engaged, student-centered learning community, focused on student success.
MacMurray College invites applications for a non-tenure/tenured Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting to start August 2014.
- Provide competency-based education, practice, and assignments through classroom instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill their education and career objectives.
- Instruct and facilitate a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the College.
- Advising of students.
- College and community service.
- On-going professional development.
- M.S. in Accounting or Master of Business Administration required from an accredited regional University or School of Accountancy or Business.
- College teaching experience.
- A professional certification including CPA, CMA, or others is required.
- Candidate should have sufficient education/training to accomplish refereed publication in one of the commonly accepted Accounting professional journals.
- Ability to work as a member of an energetic academic team.
- Ph.D. or Doctoral degree in Accountancy.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Interested applicants may send confidential letters of inquiry, a résumé, and three professional references to HR@mac.edu.