Open Posting: Faculty: Assistant Professor of Nursing
MacMurray College was founded in 1846; has a strong history of undergraduate education; and is located in the affordable, safe, and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. Our mission is "to transform the lives of our students by providing an exceptional, liberal arts general education and courses of study that prepare graduates for professional careers, further education, and other challenges facing the human community in the 21st century." The College has a culturally diverse student body of over 600 students and a faculty:student ratio of 1:12. We offer 35 academic programs with top majors in Nursing, Criminal Justice, Business (Accounting, Business Administration, and Sports Management), Education (Deaf & Hard of Hearing Education, Physical Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education), Social Work, and Interpreter Training (American Sign Language). MacMurray College is a warm, engaged, student-centered learning community, focused on student success.
MacMurray College invites applications for a non-tenure/tenure track, full-time Assistant Professor of Nursing to start August 2014.
- Provide competency-based education, practice, and assignments through classroom instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill their education and career objectives.
- Instruct and facilitate a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the College.
- Teaching (classroom and clinical).
- Instruction in acute care courses.
- Advising of students.
- College and community service.
- On-going professional development.
- M.S.N. required; Ph.D. preferred.
- At least two years of experience in clinical nursing practice.
- Eligibility for licensure in Illinois as a registered nurse.
- Teaching experience or preparation for the nurse educator role preferred.
Candidate should have sufficient education/training to accomplish refereed publication in one of the commonly accepted Nursing professional journals.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Interested applicants may send confidential letters of inquiry, a résumé, and three professional references to HR@mac.edu.